Is An ESOP Right for You?
(Employee Stock Ownership as an Exit Strategy)
As a business owner, you may be looking at several ways to minimize taxes, maximize cash flow, and attract and retain talent. You may also be exploring ways to create liquidity for owners or shareholders who wish to retire or divest. This program will explore and discuss how ESOPs can be structured to accomplish these and other objectives that may be essential to the sustainability and success of your company. We’ll also take a deep dive in discussing the economy, the market, and the financial landscape as it pertains to you as a business owner.
Among the topics that will be covered are the following:
- What is an ESOP and what benefits can an ESOP provide to companies and their owners?
- What are the basic ESOP structures?
- How are ESOPs typically structured to accomplish shareholder/company objectives?
- What benefits can ESOPs provide?
- How are companies valued for ESOP purposes?
- How is ESOP financing structured?
- What is the impact of an ESOP on employee motivation and productivity?
- Donald (Trace) W. Tendick III, MBA, CFP – Partner, Blackhawk Capital (1)
- Rick A. Jaye, AIF ®, CRC ® – Managing Director, East Coast, Direct 407.496.0205, Business Transitions Advisors (2)
- Kevin B. Perlberg, CFP – Managing Partner, Blackhawk Capital (3)
- Andrew Opdyke, CFA – Senior Economist, First Trust (4)