Blackhawk’s Investment Strategy
Blackhawk Capital Partners values long term relationships with our clients. We recommend personalized investment strategies. Each investment strategy has a blended benchmark which we seek to beat over the long term. We manage strategies covering the full range of investment objectives which allows us to specifically address individual client needs.
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETF’s)
- Mutual Funds
- Gas and Oil Partnerships
- Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT’s)
- Private Equity
- Life Insurance
- Emergency Fund
- College Savings
- Second Home
Our Investment Process
1. Asset Allocation: The starting point for constructing specialized portfolios.
- Understand the economy and markets along with assessing our outlook, ( equity, fixed income, alternative markets in the United States and abroad)
- Identify opportunities and risks in the market and determine whether the strategy should be weighted as opportunistic or defensive
2. Investment Selection: Advisor performs rigorous due diligence and continuously identifies specific investments to meet each asset allocation target.
- Assess what drives performance for each investment
- Technical analysis and valuation examination. Determine what role will each investment serve in the portfolio.
3. Portfolio Construction: Gather an understanding of how various investments interact with each other in order to drive performance.
- Determine what market and economical risks are present.
- Identify the greatest threat to the portfolio
4. Implementation: A well constructed portfolio is only as good as the implementation.
- Consider cost, price and execution as we utilize the appropriate trading strategy
5. Manage: Our advisory team manages individual investment performance on a daily basis.
- Review qualitative and quantitative factors such as, absolute performance, attribution, performance relative to our expectations and performance relative to peers
- Monitor that individual investments are meeting portfolio objectives
6. Sell Discipline: Establish when to sell an investment that is under performing our expectations or when to sell and take profits on an investment that has done well.
- Identify different sell triggers for long term positions and opportunistic investments
- Along each step of the process we employ fundamental, technical and valuation based analysis to help determine where opportunities and risks may be present